Friday, December 10, 2010

Diary Entries!

Imagine your city has been invaded by a foreign country. Write 4 diary entries for the four days following the invasion.

 

December  7, 2010

Today was not like every other day. I woke up with a cold chill down my spine, with the sun blazing down on me.  It's the middle of summer, and I feel cold. The sky here in South Africa is not as happy as it once was just a few hours before, it's dark and pain-filled with a tinge of red, as if to reflect the colour of the blood spilled on our beautiful land. These foreigners have barged in and dominated everything we own, demanding our land, families, children and food. There's so much havoc, screams and tears all around me, I can barely breathe it's unbearable.

As of now, I have to go, as we are being held hostage, as they plan on moving us to a different location. Until then.

 

Hoping for a miracle. x 


December 8, 2010

It's now the second day and my friends and family are in a state of utter shock as we have just witnessed a soldier shoot a man trying to escape. We have moved to a country just outside South Africa called Mozambique. I must say, that positively speaking, it is rather beautiful with a very friendly and tranquil atmosphere.

Earlier today, we woke up 2 hours before we could see the sun for an early start. The soldiers that were leading us walked proud and upright in their green uniforms. I managed to recognize from one of the badges that they were Spanish. "What are you looking at?" the soldier asked, with a look that demand an answer. "N-n- nothing, I was just looking at your b-b-badges" as i stuttered my answer. His look softened and he smiled down at me. That's a good sign isn't it? It supposed to mean that everything's going to be alright.

I bruised my shin in the course of our journey from one place to another. It's been hours since we've been sitting in this van, and my butt cheeks have been numb for quite some time now. The sun has also started to set, and to my surprise, we have come to a stop. We are ordered to set up a camp, therefore I will keep you updated.

Hoping for a miracle. x

 

December 9, 2010

I'm tired, I haven't showered in two days now, and I'm slowly growing impatient and restless. I wish things could go back to the way they were. It's all too much to handle right now.

Earlier, one of the soldiers ordered me to cook, serve and fetch them water. I'm tired and fed up!

We are situated in another part of South Africa called Nelspruit. We reached by crossing Mozambique because it's a bit quicker that way. I also over heard one of the soldiers speaking about us helping them take over the country, which terrifies me, because what will happen to everyone. These people are ruthless and aggressive. One man tried to run away, and another disrespected one of the soldiers, and in no time, both men were thrown into a pit and shot several times. Blood splattered everywhere, I even got some on the shirt I'm wearing. It was dreadful to watch, as they screamed for their lives when the first two or three shots were fired, with the bullets piercing through their skin.

There they call me again, these lazy, good-for-nothing soldiers. I have to leave now. I'll be sure to write again tomorrow. Until then!

Hoping for a miracle. x

 

December 10, 2010

In 15 days its Christmas, and I'm sitting here with a feeling that it's the end of the world, or worse, I feel like I'm in hell. It's hot and humid, and I can barely breathe. In a few minutes, we have to climb mountains and hills to get to the other side, where we are going to be "trained to serve" so they say. I am this close to trying to escape. It's just all too much to handle. There are about 20 of us left, and we are, by all means, trying to be positive and stick together, yet fear and anger have dominated our minds bodies and souls. Why does no one come help us. The South African army or SOMETHING. Let them declare it the end of the war, just something to make it all right again. I've been working for these people so hard the past two days, I now have blisters on my feet and hands, and because they're soldiers, they say "it's small thing" with their weird Spanish accents. Agh, men! What ever happened to maintaining world peace I wonder. It either does not exist in their country, or they choose to ignore it. Either way, I loathe the situation at hand...

They speak about keeping us longer, until we're obedient, yet I don't think our attitudes will change, but how much longer do they want to keep us? Our hopes and dreams have risen and set with the sun these past four days, that I don't think I can hope for anything any longer...

Given Up. x

No comments:

Post a Comment